The health and safety of our conference attendees are our top priority. The 2022 L4DC Organizing Committee remains vigilant in monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic.
L4DC is planned as an in-person event with all oral presentations being live-streamed. We look forward to you joining us at Stanford Campus. We are following Stanford’s Covid policies where masks will be required indoors during conference presentations and on Stanford’s free shuttle service. Speakers will be allowed to take off their masks. More on Stanford Covid policies for visitors here!
The majority of our events including poster sessions, social events, and breaks for coffee and lunch will be held outdoors.
If you are the presenting author of an accepted paper but either don’t feel comfortable participating in large gatherings or if your country or organization has travel restrictions, please reach out to us in advance to arrange for a remote presentation of your poster.
Before Leaving Home
- Individuals who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been knowingly exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the prior 5 days please do not attend the conference and let the organizers know. Consider watching the livestream!
- Be sure to monitor your home country/location’s travel requirements to stay current in the event of any restrictions or requirements that may prohibit your ability to travel.
- Apart from masks, consider packing rapid tests. If living in the US, consider ordering free rapid tests here: https://special.usps.com/testkits.
Increased Sanitation and Hygiene
- Hand sanitizing products will be made available throughout the event space
- Masks will be made available on-site at the registration desk
What You Can Do to Help Onsite
- Please wear a well-fitting mask indoors. Vaccinated or not, wearing a mask in an indoor public space can help protect you and everyone else close to you.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Follow the World Health Organization’s (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidelines to prevent the spread of infectious diseases at the event
- Maintain social distancing between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- If you are experiencing Covid Symptoms like fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, do not enter the conference venue and rather isolate yourself except when seeking medical care
Once you register, the conference anticipates your participation and incurs financial liabilities for your participation. If you need to cancel after you have registered and paid, we will unfortunately not be able to reimburse you. In exceptional circumstances, we can consider exchanging the name on the registration. If you cannot attend the conference due to Covid exposure or a positive Covid test, we can provide refunds for the registration fee. Please reach out to the organizers in this case.